Whether you’re a first-time homeowner or a seasoned expert, there’s always something you can learn! We’ve rounded up the skills and tools you’ll need to keep your home running. Think of it as your homeowner’s survival guide.
Skills To Master (click for tutorial):
- Unclogging a toilet
- Hanging pictures
- Stopping a leaky faucet/toilet
- Changing air filters
- Cutting the water supply
- Resetting circuit breakers
- Cleaning gutters
- Repairing drywall
Tools To Have:
- Cordless drill
- Step stool
- Stud finder
- Dolly or hand truck
- Flashlight and batteries
Things To Remember:
- Change the locks! You never know who has a key from the previous owners. Protect yourself against potential break-ins.
- Hang curtains the day you move. It may seem like a decoration that can wait until later, but it only takes a day to realize how important they are.
- Look to see what the previous owners left behind. It might save you a trip to the store.
Did we forget anything? What skill, tool, or piece of advice was most valuable to you on moving day?