It’s amazing what effect a few small tweaks can have on a space. We’ve complied a list of 10 tips and tricks you can use to take your home to the next level.
- Front Door: Paint the inside of the entry door a color that pops.
- Long Curtains: Hang curtains close to the ceiling to give the illusion of tall windows and to make the room look larger.
- Bamboo Shades: Use bamboo shades to fake larger windows.
- Bookshelves: Tall bookshelves can also add height to a room. Bonus: Paint them the same color as the wall to create the illusion of more space.
- Shelves: Use a small shelf or spice rack to have things accessible but off the counter.
- Countertops: Use Rust-Oleum Countertop Coating to repaint surfaces.
- Mirrors: Add cheap framed mirrors to closet doors and paint the frame to match. Also, frame bathroom mirrors.
- Accent Wall: Create an accent wall to transform a room and give a pop of color.
- Lighting: Add lighting or backlighting to accentuate decor pieces.
- Fixtures: Use Rust-Oleum to paint outdated brass faucets, hardware and fixtures.
Follow us on Pinterest and check out our Home Projects & Upgrades board to see more.