Summer Break is in full force! Kids are running around having a blast with their friends. This means more fun at home. This also means more work for parents. But, with these tidying tips your summer can be a little more manageable and fun for everyone.
Tidy Home Tips:
- The Swiffer is your best friend. Use her frequently. A little sweep here and there does wonders to your floors and overall cleanliness. Dog fur, dust and dirty shoe prints don’t have to be permanent residents.
- Unpack immediately after family vacations. This is unwanted clutter, and you don’t want to live out of your suitcase for the next few weeks.
- Give your kids 3 daily tasks to accomplish. This builds good habits and a sense of responsibility. Consistency is key. Kids will learn to remember their tasks, and it will become a part of their daily routine. A few tasks could be making their beds, putting away clean and dirty laundry and putting their toys away after playing.
- Let kids help you clean. Give them a mini cleaning bucket, a spray bottle with water or non-toxic cleaner and a microfiber cloth to clean and dust their room or help throughout the rest of the house. Younger kids might feel proud that they are doing activities just like their parents.
- Stay outside! The more you play or eat outside, the cleaner your home will be. Take lunches outdoors for a picnic or go to the neighborhood park or pool for summer fun that doesn’t bring the mess inside.
Join the conversation #HomeRocks #HomeTips