No one can see those images of destruction and hear the stories of people whose lives have been ripped apart by Hurricane Sandy and not be deeply affected. To date, more than 100 people have been killed, thousands are still without power, and countless homes, businesses and core infrastructure have been damaged or destroyed. Economic losses and property damage are approaching $50 billion. So many Americans have lost everything. Everything.
A group of local businesses and individuals are working with the American Red Cross to support those people left devastated in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. This group will match local donations made to the American Red Cross as part of this Reach Out, South Carolina campaign, which will donate up to $50,000 in matching funds. There are several ways to donate funds so that we may match them:
- Online: http://american.redcross.org/reachoutgreenville-pub
- Text the word “spirit” to 85944 to make a $10 donation, which will be billed to your cell phone account (donation made via the Beach Ball Foundation)
- Contact Marilyn Neves with the American Red Cross at email@example.com or 864-282-8644 or send your donation – be sure to reference Reach Out, South Carolina on your check – to American Red Cross: PO Box 9035 Greenville, SC 29604. That way, we will be able to match your donation.
In addition to the fundraising effort, there is a tremendous need for blankets, bottled water, non-perishable food items, and the like. On Monday, Reach Out, South Carolina sent a semi-truck filled with necessary supplies to New Jersey, and we plan to continue to deliver supplies over the next few weeks. More information will be forthcoming about these supply runs.
If you are interested in matching donations, please contact Linda McDougald. Please contact us with questions or like our Facebook page for ongoing updates and details about additional elements of this growing campaign to help our neighbors in need.
A very special thank you to these individuals and businesses:
- Caine Company and The Halter Family
- Carl Stecker and Net Profit
- Carl Sobocinski and Soby’s / Table 301
- Community Journals
- Drs. Jennifer Fogle Garvey, Sairah Awan, and Chana Tocharoen and Ashby Park Pediatric Dentistry
- Entercom Greenville: WSPA 98.9 and B93.7
- Gabriel Builders
- Glenn Head, DMD, and Eastside Pediatric Dentistry
- Granata’s Catering and Kitchen Studio – Mike Granata
- Heidi Aiken and the Beach Ball Foundation
- Linda McDougald Design | Postcard from Paris Home
- Mary and Graham Hallward
- Professional Party Rentals
- Resort Custom Homes
- Rick Erwin and Rick Erwin Dining Group
- TALK Magazine
- Tommy and Bert Coffing
Thank you for all of your support for this incredible cause.
The Caine Companies